Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Most Wanted Image Speed

Nicargua In Leon Song: A Tribute to Salvador Cardenal

Act in Nicaragua means to me to meet very dear friends . Friendships cultivated over the years I've been in this race difficult but full of experiences and characters that make up what it cost.



Nicaragua is the most musical of Central ; the proof is in the legacy they have left their great composers and musicians and singers amount of assets in its major cities. It gave me great pleasure therefore to meet at the Teatro Municipal de León with a group of artists to honor posthumously to a friend and great composer as it was Salvador Nicaragua Cardenal Barquero.


Salvador Cardenal Barquero

My friendship with Salvador and Katia Cardenal dates from 1992 when for the first time I played in Tegucigalpa, which was in a small festival organized by the Pedagogical University . Since then we have crossed the paths of the office and shared stages and moments.


With William and Salvador (Salvador Cardenal children)

Salvador was exactly my generation and the first hearing Once the songs he composed to Guardabarranco I realized that in Central America was a composer with the same influences and with a vision of the song like mine. At that time I left the next day for Japan and for a festival in Europe. I debut as a songwriter and traveler grumbling and tired of traveling. "Hmm" I thought that will be the day that I'm complaining tired of traveling. " I have not hesitated to go by land from the coast of Nicaragua León and singing in full threat of tsunami to meet with the family of Salvador, with their children, and Marta: Philip Montalbán, Danilo Norori, Salvador Bustos, Edith Palma, Ronny D'Art, Efrain Lacayo, Brij Soza, High Contrast, Mario Gutierrez, The Beverly Achuapa, Hugo Castila, Kevin Berry and Sacuanjoche Duo.

With Kevin Berry on drums.

I returned and found myself with "old friends who did not know" and plot a path to return with a little more time to walk the streets in who walked Ruben Dario.

on an organic farm on the outskirts of León the day after the concert with Rony D'Art Alberdi Marta Mejia, Kevin Berry, Salvador and William, I Nelson, Jose Mercedes Ruiz and friend of the farm. Thanks to everyone for their hospitality and for leaving me the hope to return soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment