Contrary to my inconsistency with the exercise, the habit of reading is one of the few habits I've been consistent, I want this to start writing what I want is a new habit and is the share and review of Occasionally my reading. Before I tell you a little of my relationship with books and publishing activity , same not to anything about the academic rigor but rather that of an amateur. Don Quixote and Sancho
Picasso
I am interested in the world of books, publishers and activities around books. When I travel, on par with my musical activity I mouse libraries but the books are in languages \u200b\u200bthat do not master.
Just as there are countries that are major consumers of music (now more live music in CD) there are consumers of books, I was surprised for example, discover the number of books published annually in the Netherlands that be a small country has a large publishing. The same can be said for the rest of the Netherlands and Scandinavia, buy literary magazines and I read with great interest the literary supplement of The New York Times "as a financier who reads the status of stock market, knowing that his humiliating number of reviews will achieve read at most one or two a year.
Gabriel García Márquez
I always thought a section of any paradise must include a huge library, free of course and where instead of collectors in the boxes there are people who recommend or discuss what you have selected. Despite the years that I have to travel to the United States still in disbelief traveling aisles "supermarket" of books as Barnes & Nobles "in cities and towns of this country think of the number of readers needed to sustain an operation of this size. Of course, the perplexity is accompanied by the inevitable comparison to our libraries struggling on the brink of bankruptcy and disappear or become wireless stores and school supplies to survive.
Roberto Bolaño
As for my literary informal education and for my generation, I am the son inevitable the "boom" in Latin America, Marquez and all the trash of writers who gave shape to this way of counting things that eventually was called "magical realism." I have not read everything but I have read them all. They were what motivated me to study letters, never knew where to place Jorge Luis Borges, though referring to the writers of "boom", said my teacher, Argentina Marta Morello Frosch that "everyone had learned to write with it. "
Jorge Luis Borges
My readings are becoming more varied, a classic from time to time to not feel so ignorant when I read some critics say that "it is better to know a good classical background reading so much recent book mediocre." Don Quixote is always at the top or somewhere near my mess and his philosophy never ceases to amaze or make me laugh out loud. The great challenge of the classics is that young people understand the contemporary they are.
Julio Cortazar Latin American fiction addition to the "Boom" and the following literary movements as the "Last Things" and the recent Generation Mc Ondo "I am very interested in contemporary literature of the countries I visited.
The Historian Dr. Dario Euraque
As for books published in Honduras, but that writers of fiction, I tend to read to their historians and anthropologists, especially those who write on Central America and Honduras. I collect books on the Caribbean Central American popular culture in the Caribbean and the African presence in Central America. I have read and studied the work of Darius Euraque with whom I have learned a lot about the history of Honduras. Also a work that I consider importance of the "History of Olancho" Joseph A. Sarmiento.
Julio Escoto
Interestingly, the work of Julio Escoto novel is very much geared also to the history of Honduras, enjoy much of his prose and essays; July is a friend with whom I have collaborated on three projects that combine music and literature.
Roberto Quezada
Among the books that will outline will be "Big Banana" Roberto Quezada, I think it has the merit of being the first important novel by a writer outside the country of Honduras and touches the issue of immigration from a very particular point of view.
My reading also travel from one place to another and my trip to Japan, I took to know Haruki Murakami, it takes one to know some inside information on the secretive culture Japan.
It is these issues that I hope to share from time to time in this space now allows me to use the technology. I hope you also tell me they read and they are passionate about the infinite and wonderful world of writing.
0 comments:
Post a Comment