Title: The Lonely Hearts Club
Original title: The Lonely Hearts Club
Saga: Book independent
Author: Elizabeth Eulberg
Editorial: Alfaguara
Price: 14'50 €
Synopsis: I, Penny Lane Bloom, solemnly swear not go out with any guy in the rest of my life.
Okay, maybe change my mind in about ten years when they do not live in Parkview, Illinois (USA), or attend the McKinley school, but for now, I have finished with the kids. They are liars and swindlers. The scum of the earth.
Yes, from first to last. The evil personified.
Some look nice, of course, but as they get what they want, get rid of you and spend the next target.
So I'm done.
No more kids.
Endpoint.
Opinion:
Thanks to this book I have spent two weeks listening to the Beatles. Only the Beatles. God is my third John Lennon, you should know.
The truth is that I expected more from this book and has proved to be fairly predictable. Perhaps the author could have taken more game (and I'm not referring to a saga). The characters are well defined, each with its own distinct personality which evolves, all very cute. Buuut is that it is highly predictable taan : girl has a broken heart, girl starts to look at boy, boy turns out to be a caramelito with legs. Typical.
Moreover, the book is fun to spend a few days fun @. I hallucinated Penny's parents, that's obsession and the rest is nonsense. Oh, and I loved character Tracy's friend Penny, although at first I took out of my boxes with their stupid list of pickups, proved to have a strong character and a sense of humor similar to mine . Diane is the character that evolves throughout the story, begins as a cheerleader repellent and ends ... Well, what you read and you enteráis. What Penny Lane, the main character? Well, she's a star. What does that mean? Well, not aware of anything until someone comes for you to give mascadito, well explained and included sketches if the situation requires. Like almost all the protagonists. Also, do not know what it strange when the handsome boy-in-question the objective pursued by ligársela, if she does not stop flirting with him ( in my town that is silly). Although I must admit there were times they deserved applause.
I do not know why it says that was childish and immature. I would have been more beast.
I liked the final message. At first, the lonely hearts club was founded to get away from evil incarnate (the male), but eventually the target changes: salt with all the guys you want, fall in love many times as you wants, but do not change your way of being a kid .
In short, I liked the book, talks about the Beatles and I found songs I did not know (which was what, at first, I was looking for), but the plot leaves much to be desired. Of course, I reread some day.
The basement was flooded with rowdy cheers. Diane went to the stereo and ushered in the only children allowed at meetings of the club: the Beatles.
0 comments:
Post a Comment